Effer-K® Potassium Citrate
Effer-K®, effervescent potassium bicarbonate / citric acid which effervesces to form potassium citrate in a liquid form, is a palatable subsitute for 10 mEq and 20 mEq potassium chloride (KCL) tablets and capsules. Effer-K® is also available in a 25 mEq strength.
Effer-K®, potassium citrate, offers patients many benefits
- Potassium citrate is rapidly absorbed.
- Potassium citrate does not contribute to GI tract irritation associated with KCl
- Effer-K® is available in different flavors (10 mEq Cherry Vanilla, 20 mEq Orange Cream, 25 mEq Orange, Lemon Citrus & Cherry Berry)
- Effer-K® Unflavored is available in 10, 20, and 25 mEq doses. Unflavored Effer-K® can be added to the beverage of your choice and does not contain any dyes or sweeteners.
- Effer-K® 20 mEq Orange Cream and Effer-K® 10 mEq Cherry Vanilla are sweetened with sucralose.
- LOW COST! Effer-K® is covered by some insurance plans and state Medicaid plans. For patients with private insurance, the cost for a month’s supply of Effer-K® is often less expensive than a patient’s co-pay.