Safety & Efficacy of Effer-K
Clinical Studies related to the Safety and Efficacy of Effer-K
- “Drug-Induced Esophageal Irritation. Pharmacist’s Letter/Prescribers Letter”. The Therapeutic Research Center. 2007; Volume 23(12); Detail Document Number 231203.
- Zarowitz, BJ. “Oral solid potassium chloride and anticholinergic medications: a new drug interaction for an old drug?” Geriatric Nursing 2006; 27:329-333.
- Feng J. He; Nirmala D, Markandu; Rosemary Coltart; Jeffrey Barron; Graham A. MacGregor. “Effect of Short-Term Supplementation of Potassium Chloride and Potassium Citrate on Blood Pressure in Hypertensives. Blood Pressure Unit,” St. George’s Hospital Medical School, London,SW17ORE, UK.
- He FJ, MacGregor GA. “Beneficial effects of potassium.” Clinical Review. BMJ. 2001; 323: 497-501.
- Frassetto, Lynda, R. Curtis Morris, Jr., and Anthony Sebastian. “Long-Term Persistence of the Urine Calcium Lowering Effect of Potassium Bicarbonate in Postmenopausal Women.” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 90(2):831-834.
- Cohn, MD Jay N.; Peter R. Kowey, MD; Paul K. Whelton, MD; L. Michael Prisant, MD “New Guidelines for Potassium Replacement in Clinical Practice A Contemporary Review by the National Council on Potassium in Clinical Practice”Arch Intern Med. 2000;160:2429-2436.
- Odvina, Clarita V, Glenn Preminger, Jill S. Lindberg, Orson W. Moe, and Cahresl Y.C. Pak “Long-term combined treatment with thiazide and potassium citrate in nephrolithiasis does not lead to hypokalemia or hypochloremic metabolic alkalosis.” Kidney International 2003, 63:240-247
- Mark Brown. “Low Potassium Levels Linked To Increased Long-term Mortality In Heart Failure Patients.” Medical News Today. MediLexicon, Intl., 10 Jun. 2007. Web. 16 Jan. 2012.
- Pak, Charles Y.C., Khashayar Sakhaee, Cindy Fuller “Successful management of uric acid nephrolithiasis with potassium citrate”. Kidney International 1986 Sep;30(3):422-8.
- Sellmeyer Deborah E., Monique Schloetter, Anthony Sebastian “Potassium citrate prevents increased urine calcium excretion and bone resorption induced by a high sodium chloride diet”. The Journal Clinical Endocrinology &Metabolism 2002 May;87(5):2008-12.
- Mandal, Anil K. “Hypokalemia and Hyperkalemia “ Medical Clinics of North America 1997 May; 81(3): 611-639,
- Jaspersen, Daniel Drug Induced Oesophageal Disorders: Pathogenesis, Incidnence, Preventation, and Managment. Drug Safety 2000 Volume 22, Issue 3 pp 237-249
- O’Neill JL,Remington TL. Drug-induced esophageal injuries and dysphagia. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2003;37:1675-1684.